Does your child struggle in school because of a disability?
Do you need information, resources, and support to advocate for your child?
You’ve come to the right place.
SpEdConnecticut, Inc. known as the Learning Disabilities Association of Connecticut for many years, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to making a positive difference in the educational experience of children with disabilities.
We provide information, training, and advocacy support to families as they seek appropriate educational services for their children with special education needs.
A Supportive Resource for Families
- Responds to thousands of calls annually for information and assistance
- Provides a continuum of services to parents, including consultation, record reviews, and attendance at PPT meetings by trained Parent Advocates (PAs)
- Annually provides special education advocacy training by experts for parents and professionals
- Monitors the state legislature and advocates for laws that improve the quality of education for children with disabilities
- Sponsors statewide conferences on topical issues
- Assists young adults seeking evaluations for LD/ADHD and vocational counseling
Become a member of SpEdConnecticut. Click the Become a Member button to the right to find out how membership can help families to navigate the complex special education process.